Wednesday, February 9, 2011

On the Right Track

Just walked to the end of my street and back without a crutch or cane or limp!!!!!!
Three weeks post-op and on the right track.
No pain meds yesterday, just tylenol.  Pain meds only as needed and/or once on PT days.

Trouble is, it's my right knee that's been hurting more than my hip.

In September I had an arthroscopy and was told I'd need a total knee replacement.  Hip came first.

Now trying to figure out how to keep moving forward with exercise, recovery and attention to the knee as well as the hip.  At least I know what's next.  Part of me just wants to get a new knee asap and get all the recovery/rehab "behind" me.  Other part of me wants to "buy time" with some kind of injection that relieves severe arthritis pain for a period of time.

Guess it's time to circle the wagons again with the docs.  It surprises me how hard it can be for me to make the phone call to discuss the knee pain or get an appointment.  I called this morning and left a message to discuss with my surgeon's nurse, yet it took at least 10 days to do that.

So very hard to ask for help.
So obvious that is why things have progressed to this point.
Old parts of me just trying to do what worked and what they thought I needed oh-so-long-ago.

I'm working in my "other" therapy to try and soften these edges and let these old parts take a break from their rigid tendencies and just go outside and play....  

Wanna come!

No comments:

Post a Comment