Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Standing Tall

Here's how I know the new hip works:
yesterday,several hours after surgery, I walked from bed to window with Dan, the physical therapist, at my side. As I stood up from the bed, he said "stand straight" and I did and I could without any of the crazy pain or contortion! I looked at him, "I can!
That's my new hip?!" "Yup,that's your new hip."
Dan came back around 7:30pm and I walked with crutches out into the hall!

By the way, I'm in the room next to the Celtics suite...it's vacant at the moment.

Doc stopped in this morning. He's good-looking in a brainy sort of way, round specs with quiet serious demeanor. Asked him how it looked when he got into the joint. "Nasty," was his one word response.
Well not any more!

2 comments:

  1. woo hoo! congratulations!!
    love,
    jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. great news Gwynne! we're so happy for you.

    Linda, Rob and Kendall

    ReplyDelete